- Launch QuickBooks.
2. Click "Customer Center" in the main menu to open the customer list.
3. Click to display the customers that you want to include the list. You may need to click the "Customers and Jobs" tab at the top of the screen to view all customers.
4. Click the "View" down-arrow button to display a list of filters. Click to select a filter if you want to export list entries that meet only certain criteria, for example, customers who bought a specific product. Skip this step if you want to export all list entries.
5. Click the "Excel" down-arrow button in the Customer Center menu bar at the top of the screen. Select "Export Customer List" from the pull-down menu.
6. Select the "Create a New Worksheet" option in the Export window to create a new Excel worksheet or choose the "Export to a Comma Separated Values (.csv) file" option.
7. Click the "Export" button to create the list.